Won’t save additions to previous chart

Christi

Hi, I couldn’t find this in any other thread. I made a chart with lyrics. It was 3 “pages”. I may not have “locked” it. When I opened it at rehearsal, only the first few measures were there. So I buckled down and redid the missing measures, making sure I locked it this time. Opened it just now and same thing, most of it is missing. Any info on what I’m doing wrong?
Oh, I did a lot of copying and pasting since most sections were similar. There were a few chord substitutions that I would change after pasting.
I am going to delete it and start completely over, maybe leaving the lyrics out. I have no problems with the other charts I’ve created. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! Sorry to hear about the issue. I do think your idea of creating a new chart is the way to go. And please make sure you have the latest version of 1Chart. (Go to the "?" Help menu > Credits, and you'll find the version # at the end of that screen. Latest version is 2.1.3.) I'll PM you my email, and please contact me if you run into other issues.

helenvee

Hey there! I see that this post is a couple years old, but I am having the same issue. I used to use this app all the time at work to make charts for my boss on his ipad, it worked great and I loved the app. I just got an ipad and started using it for my own charts, but I am having this same issue, which I have never had before.

I've created two charts so far. The first one, I charted out the whole song, then didn't work on it for a while. I just reopened the chart, and it only has the first few bars saved.

I started a new chart for a new song. I charted out the whole song. To test if it was saving, I opened a different chart and then reopened the chart I was working on, and the chart had not saved, it was missing the edits I had just made.

Is there some step I need to do to hit "save" to make sure my work won't be lost? Very frustrating, and makes me very hesitant to do any work in the app, because I don't know how to ensure that the work will be saved.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @helenvee, sorry to hear things aren't working as expected. I'll follow up by email so we can figure out what's going on.

Patyoungblood

I am experiencing the same issue, and my version is 2.1.7. Kind of a deal breaker if you can't have confidence in your charts, which evolve over time.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Patyoungblood, sorry you've run into this issue. When we've seen this issue in the past (yours is now the 3rd report), it's been resolved with a restart of the iPad. Please give that a try — shut down the iPad and restart.

It appears that iPadOS is getting into an unstable state that's interfering with saves, which the restart resolves.

If the issue persists after a restart, please let me know.

Patyoungblood

I appreciate the prompt response. Unfortunately this didn’t work, I input 40 characters of text, selected another chart, then went back to the edited chart, and only a portion of the text was there.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Patyoungblood, thanks for letting me know. I'll be in touch by email so we can resolve this. With your case, it sounds like we have a repeatable problem... a bad thing because it's frustrating for you, but good in terms of fixing a bug. I'll be in touch.

helenvee

Hi all! If you do find a fix for this, could you please post it here when you do? In case the issue comes up again. Thanks!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely! Although I think we're looking at a bug that needs to be resolved, not something that users need to do differently.