Wish List: Insert graphic and multiple keys

Hello All,
I LOVE this app! It has become a huge time-saver for me!
Please forgive me if these have been mentioned previously, but I have two requests for your wishlist.

INSERT GRAPHIC
1. For situations where I need to indicate a specific melodic phrase (such as a signature lick for reference), I would love to be able to insert a re-sizable graphic from Finale or Sibelius. I can certainly do this after converting to pdf, but it would be wonderful to have this feature built into the chart.

MULTIPLE KEYS
2. In my church, the performance key for many of our songs changes from week-to-week, depending upon the singer. Since the key is selected by pull-down menu (or defaults to C), I currently just select the original key for the chart and then list the correct key for the week in planning center.
But we have had a few times when (although we rehearsed it in the correct key) players have glanced at the chart during the service and had a moment of panic about the key. If there was an option to disable the key signature completely, I could at least leave it blank. But my preference would be to have the option to list multiple keys (as in A,D,E).

Since there is plenty of room on the header line that contains tempo and key, perhaps an additional “optional keys” spot, where they could be typed in, if needed?

FYI: Certainly, this information could be communicated through the sub-title or in a comment, but I use the sub-title for other information, and I don’t want to add a comment at the top of the chart because I often need every bit of space to try and keep the chart to one page. And the beauty of a number chart is that it works for every key, so I would rather not upload three or four number charts for each song, each with different keys listed, into planning center!

Thanks so much for considering these requests!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi lendellb, thanks for the requests! About signature licks via graphics, I'm actually looking into options for notating signature licks "natively" within 1Chart, which hopefully would work even better than a pasted graphic in these scenarios.

Also, understood about the alternate keys request. I will make a note about this; could possibly be accommodated by another header field that has the flexibility to indicate alternate keys... or whatever other info the user wanted to park there.

Thanks again. And so good to hear you're enjoying the app!

Hi lendellb, thanks for the requests! About signature licks via graphics, I'm actually looking into options for notating signature licks "natively" within 1Chart, which hopefully would work even better than a pasted graphic in these scenarios.

Also, understood about the alternate keys request. I will make a note about this; could possibly be accommodated by another header field that has the flexibility to indicate alternate keys... or whatever other info the user wanted to park there.

Thanks again. And so good to hear you're enjoying the app!
Hi Mark,
I’m so sorry to just now be replying! Thank you for your reply and I look forward to cool enhancements of this great product!