Version 1.7 released!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pleased to announce the latest version of 1Chart!

V1.7 puts the focus on chart formatting options, with a host of new features that give you more control over layout, rhythm notation and more. V1.7 is a free upgrade and requires iOS 8+.

New in this version:
  • Align measures in columns: New templates and chart settings let you choose between freeform and 4-, 5- and 6-column formats
  • Direct toggling between keyboards
  • Option for larger, slash-style inversions
  • More precise placement of rhythm notation
  • “Minimize Horizontal Spacing” option allows more content per line
  • “Mini Header” option allows more vertical space for chart contents
  • New “X” chord character on chord keyboard (used to indicate a rest)
  • New parentheses characters on chord keyboard (used to wrap an implied chord)
  • Default settings options: Now you can define preferences for chart font size, etc. to appear by default with new charts
  • Lock Chart setting is now “sticky” — navigate from chart to chart while remaining in locked mode
  • Back/forward arrows for cursor control now available on all keyboards
  • New chord qualities: no, 1, 8
  • Improved styling for crescendo, decrescendo, ritardando, and accelerando when they appear beneath a single chord.
  • Bug fixes
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, including community members who have taken the time to share ideas and feedback. Special thanks to Sam, Marco and Robert for all your input!

If you're reading this message shortly after I posted it, please note that it may take a few hours for the new release to populate out to the App Store servers.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
v1.7.2 is in the App Store now (or should be soon where you are), with a fix for a performance issue affecting app start-up time on older devices (e.g. iPad 2).

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
And v1.7.3 is now available. What's new:
  • More flexibility around use of “X” to indicate a rest: X can be placed in inversions, either as the chord or the bass note.
  • A single chord wrapped in parentheses is no longer underlined by default, matching the expected formatting for single-chord measures.
  • Improved the underline formatting for multi-chord measures wrapped in parens.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause erratic scrolling when adding a chart comment.
  • Corrected an issue related to page breaks.
Enjoy!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Just released v1.7.4 with a fix for a bug related to copying measures containing beamed notes.

Bluegrassboy

Is there going to be a new version release next year? I know of several features I'd like: printing from within app, option to export pdf to other apps- specifically iKlip Stage and it would be nice to be able to export an entire notebook to another app, that way you don't have to do each one individually, I'd also like to be able to write out single note melodies with rhythmic notation and numbers as is done on many Nashville Number charts. Being able to make more use of one page by having two columns that can show 4 measures across in each column would allow for much better use of space and have less pages for charts. The guy that plays drums for Rascall Flatts wrote a great and easy to understand book on writing charts. It would be great if the charts in the app could look more like that.
I would be willing to pay more for these kinds of uses and would bet other people who bought the app would too.

Bluegrassboy

Is there going to be a new version release next year? I know of several features I'd like: printing from within app, option to export pdf to other apps- specifically iKlip Stage and it would be nice to be able to export an entire notebook to another app, that way you don't have to do each one individually, I'd also like to be able to write out single note melodies with rhythmic notation and numbers as is done on many Nashville Number charts. Being able to make more use of one page by having two columns that can show 4 measures across in each column would allow for much better use of space and have less pages for charts. The guy that plays drums for Rascall Flatts wrote a great and easy to understand book on writing charts. It would be great if the charts in the app could look more like that.
I would be willing to pay more for these kinds of uses and would bet other people who bought the app would too.
NVM just saw that V 2 is coming soon! looking forward to it!