Tutoria

Is there a basic tutorial? I just bought the IPad version. I would like to learn how to use this app properly from the beginning. There is nothing on the net or YouTube

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Philly73Rhodes78 , I’d suggest starting with the email “welcome” series that you can sign up for in the app, if you haven’t already. Go to the “?” menu, select Welcome and scroll through to the last screen of the intro to sign up. Those emails give a good overview of the app.

Also check out the Keyboard Reference for a look at what all the symbols mean. Especially on the Rhythm keyboard, if you’re inclined to get specific with rhythm notation.

And of course let me know if you have any questions.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I'll check out the email issue and make sure you're on the list. (And you might want to check your spam folder.)

For chord/bassnote, type:
  • the part that goes on top (GMaj7 in your example)
  • the "x/y" key
  • the bass note
Let me know if that helps.

Thank you! I love this app. Ive been looking for something like this for years. once i become familiar with it it will help a lot. So, boxin the measure makes it so you dont need to show the 4 beats in 4/4? Does this look right? I did this from memory so it may not be accurate...

817F174F-7B53-489F-8194-EBB0DEFF46F7.jpeg

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, since the header indicates 4/4, I'd look at that and assume each box represents 4 beats.

The only thing is, where there are three chords in a measure, you might want to put some kind of rhythm notation indicating how the four beats are distributed. Unless you feel like everyone is so familiar with the tune that you don't need to add it.

Yes, i was working on it last night and changed some things... one thing, when I do align measures i cuts of some of my chords can you make it wider? Here is reference to adding beats to the 3 chords in a 4/4 measure

Attachments

• 06F1441A-567B-4171-9DD1-919BA7C39549.jpeg
    06F1441A-567B-4171-9DD1-919BA7C39549.jpeg
    799.2 KB · Views: 12

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good, with the hash marks showing rhythm!

Align measures might be tough with some of those wider four chord measures. You can try the smallest font size and, and just four measures per line, but at some point the columns are going to fill up. Some songs will work cleanly in Align Measures, others are better free-form.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes! We're here to answer any support questions, and we're planning future updates.

Cool, 2 things.. 1. Can you set it so the measure will always be in the box mode? And. 2. When i apply the measure in the “1” mode, the Box and underline starts to merge each time I use it, so eventually its impossible to select.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the input! #1 is on the wish list, and #2 is something we'll definitely cue up for the next release. A workaround for #2 in the meantime: You can tap/hold the "end measure" key to show a different underline/box menu. Hope this helps.