There IS a way to use Bluetooth foot pedals with 1Chart! Huzzah!

Ryantology

I was able to get my PageFlip Dragonfly working with 1Chart!

Slightly outdated (ie. Accessibility has it's own heading now), but these are the steps I (loosely) followed, from the online manual:

1. Go to Settings → General → Accessibility → Switch Control
2. Tap Switches and then tap "Add New Switch"
3. Choose "External" as the source. The message "Activate your external switch" will appear.
4. Press the left pedal and then name the pedal: Left pedal
5. Choose a switch action for that pedal: choose "Move to Previous Item"
6. Now do the same for the right pedal:
7. Tap "Add New Switch".
8. Choose "External" as the source. The message "Activate your external switch" will appear.
9. Press the right pedal and then name the pedal: Right Pedal
10. Choose a switch action for that pedal: choose "Move to Next Item"
11. Create a Recipe by going back to the main Switch Control page and tap "Recipes"
12. Tap "Turn Pages"
13. Under the Switch section tap "Assign a Switch"
14. Tap "Left pedal" and choose "Left to Right Swipe"
15. Tap "Add New Switch"
16. Tap "Right pedal" and tap "Right to Left Swipe’
17. Launch the recipe by going back to the Recipes screen and tap Launch Recipe.
18. Tap "Turn Pages".
19. Turn Switch Control On

EDIT: A little further playing around, "auto-scanning" starts if the iPad screen locks and I re-awaken it. My workaround for this right now is to use Settings-Accessibility-Accessibility Shortcut to make the triple-clicking the home button turn on/off Switch Control. This allows me to quickly toggle it off/on which allows it to work again. I have my iPad set to never sleep during gigs so this shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

EDIT: ICYMI, 1Chart "lock" (upper right icons) has to be active for the left and right swipes to do anything.

Last edited: