Sharing

Stevarino88

Hi, I am a new member. I was just wondering if there is a place to share new charts with other members. Also, does any one know of a site with a lot of nns charts that you can share or perhaps even purchase. Thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stevarino, thanks for asking.

The short answer: Sharing copyrighted material here isn’t encouraged or even allowed – it’s against the terms everyone agrees to when signing up for the community.

Longer answer: Sharing activity in the community would most likely fall under the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (or if you really want to dig into it, the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act), but I’ve decided not to go the route of “shoot first” and field take-down requests from copyright holders later. There are a few reasons for this that I won’t go into here. I have talked through all this with an attorney (good times!).

Sorry to get into the legal background, but it’s the only way to really explain this. And it’s not my intention to sound preachy here. I can definitely understand the appeal of having ready access to a library of charts.

Bottom line, I hope 1Chart can help with everyone’s music-making, but as it stands now this community isn’t set up as a place to share files.