How to switch a song template?

Tony Chung

Hello! I am so excited to find this app. I just started learning 50 songs and I need a quick charting solution to keep me on track, not only with chords, but marking when to switch sounds and the like. So happy to find this app available, and with such great case studies on the website.

The Help guide says that we get to select a chart template when we first create the chart, but also, "Don’t worry if you’re not sure which format will work best – you can always change an in-progress chart to another template." https://www.1chartapp.com/help-creating-charts/

I couldn't find the instructions as to how to do this?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tony, welcome to 1Chart! Glad to hear you're enjoying the app.

Regarding templates, they're really just a way for you to pre-select the number of Columns and number of Measures Per Line (with measures per line being limited to 1-column charts). It's not so much that you can "change templates" later, it's just that you can adjust the Column and Measures Per Line settings at any point. You're not locked into the settings you chose originally.

Hope that helps. The Help text could explain that point a little more clearly. Note taken!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely! In the Settings menu, choose “Align Measures” and the number of measures you want per line.

Tony Chung

That's GREAT! One catch... I used comments to paint a melody line, and when I adjust measures the comments get all messed up... there should be a way to drag the comment block back into position easily. But aside from that... cool stuff.

Tony Chung

Cool... hold that thought a bit. The specific chart I'm trying to make combines chord numbers with riff numbers. So in some instances a number is a chord, and some is a riff. I used a comment to add a riff, but that might not be the most articulate way to do it.

I'll upload a sample chart that I'm trying to replicate. This chart is one of the more complex ones, where the riffs also indicate when notes go up an octave (dot above) or down an octave (dot below).

Attachments

• At Least I Have You 最小還有你.pdf
    351.8 KB · Views: 4

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the sample chart. Seems like 1Chart's comment feature might work for some of what you're trying to achieve, but maybe not in every case. Stay tuned, though, because a mechanism for adding single-note melodies is on the wish list.