Bug: Chart edits not being saved, and a tip until it's resolved

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
As noted in other posts, 1Chart users are seeing issues where edits to charts are not being saved correctly. Until we resolve this bug, I'd like to pass along the following information about steps to avoid taking in 1Chart, in order to reduce your risk of encountering the issue.

After editing a chart, please avoid immediately entering Performance Mode (i.e. tapping the lock icon) then immediately killing the app (either via the App Switcher or shutting down the iPad).

We've seen cases where taking those steps in quick succession (Edit a chart > Enter Performance Mode > kill the app) can cause save issues. We're working to resolve this bug, and I'll update here once I have more info.

Terrymel

Hi Mark. I have been using your app for a few years. I've recently upgraded to an iPad Pro and I cannot save charts. I have followed your advice, but it doesn't work. Have you found a fix to this problem? I see that people flagged this issue last year. Thanks.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
@Terrymel, it sounds like something else is going on in your case (since my suggestion above hasn't worked). I'll be in touch so we can figure things out.

FYI for those following... we are testing an updated version of the app that resolves the save issue described in this thread, and also fixes some other bugs. In testing this week.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
And fyi, Terrymel's issue appears to be resolved after restarting the iPad. As much of a help desk cliché it is, a restart can resolve all kinds of issues. :)

@Terrymel, definitely let me know if you need any other assistance.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the bug I mentioned in the first post, 1Chart v2.1.9 has the fix and is now in the app store. It will be rolling out to all current users in a phased release over the next seven days.