Android, please?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and thanks so much for the interest. I can’t say too much about other platforms at this point, but interest from Android users is not falling on deaf ears.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Simon, thanks for the interest. I'm afraid I don't have an Android version in development right now. Which isn't to say it won't happen. Just curious, would you be most interested in a phone or tablet version, if you had to choose? (Same question to any Android users who see this thread.)

Simon

Hi Mark. Sorry to hear that there isn't an Android version in development. :( I, personally would be interested in the phone version. I can't speak for the majority but I think it's safe to say that there are more Android phone users than tablet users. :D Let's start development for the Android community......hopefully in a week...;). Thanks in advance for branching out into the Android domain 1Chart! Yeahhhhhh!!!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for following up. So, Android/phone... Sounds like my plans just changed for the coming week. :)

Seriously, thanks for the input.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! More like #androidispossible

You'll be the first to know, Simon! I added your name to the notification list for Android — I'll send an email if/when 1Chart Android becomes a real thing.

(If anyone else is interested, just message me here or via the contact form.)

Terry Hoke

I'd like to chime in on this thread in support of an Android tablet version of this app. Any chance of this happening?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Terry, sorry, but right now there aren't any plans to develop an Android version. What I said above still stands, though... I'm keeping an eye on the platform. Thanks for taking the time to sign up here and express your interest. I appreciate it.

Amy Protscher

Hi Mark,

I've been watching this forum for a few years now (since 2015) in anticipation of a version for Android (or any non-Apple platform). Unfortunately neither has there been any news of this kind, nor has a competitor piece of software hit the market. So I'd like to ask whether plans to expand 1Chart to other platforms have matured in any way.

My need has become pretty acute since I have a work assignment to produce a considerable number of charts in NNS this year (2021), and I would hate to have to write them by hand.

Best regards,

Amy

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Amy, I'm afraid I don't have any news to announce about Android at the moment. I do appreciate the interest, and wish you best of luck with your project.

nickscott61

Hello and thanks so much for the interest. I can’t say too much about other platforms at this point, but interest from Android users is not falling on deaf ears.
Hi Mark

As a working pro bassplayer, I'd definitely opt for an Android tablet version rather than mobile phone, as already use the former for recording sessions, casual gigs with bands, orchestras, orchestras (almost all use tablets now due to pandemic), theatre pit work etc...would forsee a lot of interest amongst collagues too...