Adding Section labels

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, if needed you can add a new section in the middle of an existing chart by using the “new section” key on the right-hand side of any of the 1Chart keyboards. Or you can tap the big ”+” symbol in the section label column to add a section at the end of the chart.

If you need to edit an existing section label, you can just tap the label and revise it.

Let me know if this helps!

Drust

I have all of my sections. I just forgot to label one of them. Can I go back and label it without erasing everything after the unlabeled section?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, not sure exactly what you mean by “forgot to label one of them,” since you can’t create a section without entering some kind of text as a title for it. But you can definitely tap any section title to rename it — and that won’t delete any of your chart contents.

Hope this helps, and please let me know if I’m not following along with your question!

Drust

When I chart on paper, I usually chart the whole song by just skipping a line between the chorus, verses etc... without labels. I like to make notes and identify (label) the sections afterwards while I proofread.

If the plus sign used for labeling was not anchored to the bottom, you could move it to where you need it.

Also, If I am composing, I might decide to add a bridge somewhere in the middle. The way I see it, I would have to delete everything after the point where I want to add my new bridge, add it and then paste the rest of the song back on.That’s the only way to get the plus sign (used to create sections) to where I need it.

I’ve attached a chart to show what I’m trying to do. You will see the second section is not labeled.

Thanks for your quick responses!

Attachments

• Shaky Ground.pdf
    124.3 KB · Views: 4

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Got it! Thanks for the pdf and explanation. Now I see what you’re trying to do.

The “new section” key on the 1Chart keyboards adds a new section wherever the cursor is currently placed. So you can simply place the cursor after that last 7b6 chord on the 2nd line of your Intro, tap “new section,” and give a title to the section.

The ”+” button is (as you’ve discovered) intended only to add a new section at the very end of your chart. But the “new section” key lets you create a new section wherever the cursor is placed.

You can find the ”new section“ key on the right side of all of 1Chart’s keyboards.

Attachments

• new_section.png
    new_section.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 0