1Chart with OnSong (display PDF)

Lenny Nichols

I have created PDF charts with 1Chart. When I import and display them in OnSong, the top information of every chart is automatically scrolled off the screen. When I scroll down and release, the chart automatically scrolls back down so that I cannot see the top information. I am missing the title, key, tempo, and time signature. Pretty important things to know when starting a song.

I cannot figure out anything wrong happening in OnSong, so I am wondering if there is something peculiar about the way 1Chart creates these PDFs.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Lenny Nichols (a new 1Chart user)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lenny, sorry to hear about that. I can't think of anything specific to 1Chart PDFs that would be causing this. I've heard from 1Chart users who've used OnSong before, but I haven't heard of any view issues. Did you check with OnSong?

Lenny Nichols

Thanks much for the quick response. I suspect the issue is with OnSong. I posted a question there, but I have been waiting several days with no response. I thought I would try 1Chart just to see if maybe it was something someone has seen here before.

Thanks again, Lenny

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Are you seeing other pdf's cut off like this in OnSong? I put together the attached PDF in Pages, with colors to show margins at .25, .5, etc. Curious how that would look in OnSong.

Attachments

• margin.pdf
    11.9 KB · Views: 6

Lenny Nichols

This is a very interesting test. Yes, I have the same problem with this Margin.pdf in OnSong. The file will display completely on my iPad screen, it I scroll up and hold my finger on it to keep it in place. But when I release my finger, the document scrolls down slightly and the yellow, red and about 1/2 of the orange scrolls off the screen.

I will run this by OnSong... if they every respond.

Last edited:

arco

They should respond. They’ve got back to me about a few things in the past. I no longer use it, however ...

1 Is the top menu bar showing all the time? (It’s black and has Songs, various icons along the top in white). It should disappear after a few seconds or with a tap in the middle. If so, turn it off, Settings, Menu Settings, Menubar, turn off “Prevent menubar from hiding”

2 If you can remember any customisations you have done with Settings, you could Reset Settings because there are many changes you can do with margins etc. but most seem to affect Text songs etc. not imported PDFs although it looks like there are some import options (they did not seem to make much difference when doing my basic tests below but I didn’t read what they all did.)

I ran a few tests with a 1Chart song. I tried the song with just a few chords, with a long column to the end of the page, with two columns to the bottom of the page, then set mini header. Each one showed with the title of the song at the top, unless the OnSong menu bar at the top was showing (tap middle to dismiss).

3 Or you could backup, download OnSong and import backup if you don’t get a reply and anxious to try something else. (I’ve never done this but I assume it works as expected).

Hopefully though you will hear back from them.