Search results

1. Ovaltine52

"Square" for indicating an extra beat

Jsturms01: That makes sense. Honestly, the only time I've ever seen the box used was in 3/4 time. The box indicated one beat. I knew this had to be right as I've seen this particular song in standard notation many times. Sounds good to me. Works sort of like a dot (standard notation)...
  2. Ovaltine52

Article on origins of the Number System

You've been around the block a time or 2! :D:D
  3. Ovaltine52

Well 1st off maracox, I came from the old school "All #'s are major..."/Neal Matthews straight up, & in NO WAY do I want you to assume I think you're "wrong", because you're not. As Mark said above, you're morphing it into what works for you. And though I don't particularly agree with it...
  4. Ovaltine52

So Mark, I guess what I'm going to bring up might not be the place for this. But because of that classic, legendary, & most of all CORRECT intention Neal had for NNS with the "Are You Lonesome Tonight" chart, I wanted to whine a little for lack of better description: Awhile back, I became...
  5. Ovaltine52

Roger that. I'm always happy to learn new tricks/shortcuts, thankew. And what's great as well is that I like to use underlines, & I can use the boxes & the underlines stay underlines going from one to the other. Nice!
  6. Ovaltine52

WooHoo!! Not only did your suggestion work perfectly, but I was also able to use the hash marks in such a way that there's no mistaking that there needs to be an extra beat. I probably didn't need to use the 3 hash marks on the 2-, but using the one hash mark as well as the square goof proofs...
  7. Ovaltine52

Hi Mark, hi all. I wasn't sure where to post this, & since this is about a symbol I noticed on a handwritten # chart & that I'd like to open this for discussion, this must be the place. :D Just FYI, I'm an old "has been" studio guy, & though I've been around, I'm definitely not closed to...
  8. Ovaltine52

It won't let me type 1/b7 (or 1/7b)

Oops, never mind, figured it out. But seems like it works best with "accidentals after chords" switched on. Shouldn't make a difference, but it does. And, I'm fairly new to 1Chart as it took me awhile to get complex beams figured out, but I did. ;-)
  9. Ovaltine52

It won't let me type 1/b7 (or 1/7b)

...& other cases where I need an accidental in chord over bass, whether the chord or the bass. Am I missing something? I forgot to mention that one of the small accidentals will work in the chord when using x/y, but I can't get it in the bass number which now brings pause...