Search results

1. J

Multiple chords per measure

Exactly. The whole point of the underline/box is to define a measure so that it's not just a long line of chords running together. But the vertical gridlines do that job. As they define the measures, the underlines/boxes aren't needed. So rather than defining a measure with only underline or...
  2. J

So measures are ALWAYS underlined or boxed if more than 1 chord? That gets very hard to read when the charts have a lot of chords - especially with rhythmic notation as the rhythms on a lower row are too close to the underlines on an upper row. Those vertical gridlines do a great job of making...
  3. J

I must be missing something - but I can't figure out how to enter two chords per measure. Example - song is 4/4. I'm aligning measures and showing the measure guidelines. I want chords on beats 1 and 3 of each measure. I want this: C G | C D | C G | C D First try - I type C, G, End Measure and...
  4. J

'Fixing' wrong initial key

Is there any way to change the key without changing the chords? Example: I started charting a song using letters and neglected to set the key first. So - after charting my song in Ab with all my Ab Db and Eb chords, I realized the key signature in the header showed Key: C. I couldn't "fix" that...
  5. J

Support for capo please!

Good workaround. Thanks.
  6. J

Support for capo please!

It would be great if 1Chart had support for capos. For example, I'm charting a song in the key of Db. Guitar plays the song as if in the key of C with a capo at fret 1. Problem is the key is indicated at the top correctly as Db, but I need to type all chords (as letters) as if in C. That's a...
  7. J

Secondary Dominants

1 3 4 4m 27/#4 57 1 Awesome! Now if only fractions were enabled. ;-) top, bottom So we could show that 27 chord with the #4 in the bass as a fraction.
  8. J

Little Red Corvette

evikjames - looks like your question is over a year old. But if you're still looking for an answer - here goes. Assume you changed the key so you're using chords F G Am. Yes - technically it's the key of C. But that's not the tonality. You might hear it as centering around F. Or maybe you hear...
  9. J

Secondary Dominants

Standard practice is to label it as cmc2878 said above. All chords should be labeled relative to the key. For example, if in the key of C major and your progression is filled with non-diatonic chords like: C E F Fm D7/F# G7 C You'd chart that out as: 1 3 4 4m 2(7)/#4 5(7) 1 Those 7s in...
  10. J

Legend for rhythmic symbols?

That's exactly what I was looking for. I know NN isn't really standardized - there are many variations and personal preferences. So just to confirm a few things: Mute Dot (solid dot above), Marcato (solid up-triangle above), Dorito big (chord wrapped in large down triangle), and Dorito small...
  11. J

Legend for rhythmic symbols?

The top bar of the entry area in 1chart offers rhythmic notations: tick mark, solid circle, solid triangle, greater than, less than Switch to the "note" and the entry area offers diamonds, upside down triangles, more... I know a few of these. Tick mark is to indicate number of beats per chord...
  12. J

Writing a Chord with diminished third in NNS?

I just bought 1Chart and am browsing the forums. Don't know if you still have this question. A diminished chord IS NOT a minor chord with the 3rd flattened an additional semitone. A diminished chord is basically a minor chord with the 5th flattened in addition to the 3rd. Major chord = 1 3 5...